System Restore in Windows 10
Windows is the most popular operating system in the world. No computer user can go a single day without windows operating system. As windows is a popular and mostly used operating system, a lot of viruses or unwanted programs are creating everyday. So, you may face various unusual behavior in your windows operating system due to various virus attack or unwanted programs installation. But windows has integrated a lot features which help to prevent these unwanted programs and keep your windows system safe. System Restore utility is one of them which helps to take one or more snapshots to its present working condition and if any system crash occurs in future due to virus attack or critical system update or any unwanted program, the system can be reverted to its previous snapshot. So, system restore utility in windows operating system can be beneficial for you. But system restore point must be configured after installing windows operating system. How to Configure and Create System Restore Point in windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 was explained in my previous article. So, if your are new in this article and you have not configured system restore in your windows operating system yet, spend some time to study that article and then keep reading this article to know how to revert a windows 10 system to its earlier restore point.
Steps to Restore Windows 10 Operating System
It is necessary to configure and create system restore point before restoring windows 10. If a system restore point is present in your windows operating system, follow below steps to revert your system to its earlier restore point where windows was working well.
- System Restore is located at System Protection tab under System Properties window. To open System Properties window, go to Computer icon in your Desktop or from Windows Explorer (Windows key+E) window and click mouse right button on it and then click Properties option. From System window, now click on System Protection link from left panel which will open System Properties window. If you face any problem to open system properties window, watch my below video tutorial which will help you to open system protection tab properly.
- From System Protection tab, click on System Restore button to open System Restore window. In this window, you will get a summery which will be done with this system restore operation.
- Click on Next button after reading the operation summery. Now you will get all the snapshots which were taken automatically or manually .
- Choose your restore point which was taken previously. As soon as you click on your desired snapshot, you can see the affected program with this restore operation by clicking the Scan for affected programs button. Click on Next button to open confirmation window.
- From conformation window, choose the drive which you want to restore and click Finish button.
- Now a warning message will be shown. Click Yes button to continue.
- Your System Restore will be started. When restore will be finished, your system will be restarted and a successful message will be appeared that means your system is restored successfully.
Simple and proper steps to restore windows 10 with system restore utility has been shown here. I hope, you are now able to restore your windows 10 if any critical issue occurs in your operating system by following the above steps. However, if you face any confusion to restore your windows 10 from previous snapshot, watch my below video tutorial about How to Restore Windows 8 & 10 System to Earlier Restore Point. I hope, it will guide you properly to restore your windows 10 from previous snapshot.
How to Restore Windows 10 to Earlier Restore Point has been explained step by step in this article. Also, a video tutorial has been uploaded to reduce your any confusion. However, if you face any problem to restore your windows operating system, feel free to discuss in comment or contact with me from Contact page. I will try my best to stay with you.
I, Md. Abu Sayeed, am a system administrator. I like to share knowledge that I am learning from my daily experience. As a system administrator, I like to play with computer networking, Redhat Linux , Windows server, physical server and storage, virtual technology and other system related topics. I hope, my daily experiences that I am sharing in this website will be beneficial for you. So, if this article is helpful for you, don’t forget to give a positive feedback by sharing on your favorite social media or liking our Facebook Page. You can also keep subscribed to our website for getting email notification of new post by providing your name and email address in Subscription Page.