Setting Google as Default Search Engine
Google is one of the most popular search engines to any online user. It is said that no online user cannot go a single day without Google search engine. Google search statistics shows that over 40,000 search queries are processed every second by Google. If you have any query about any subject, just type in Google search box and Google will show you billion of results related to your search query within less than a second. So, usually you will want to search your any query with Google search engine. Generally, your web browser supports multiple search engines to provide you best search query result. Google is not set your default search engine in your browser sometimes. You have to set Google as your default search engine manually. If you want to set Google as your default search engine in your browser, keep reading this article where I will show you How to set Google as Default Search Engine in your favorite browser.
Setting Google as Default Search Engine in Google Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers to online users. It is also a product of Google. So, default search engine of Google Chrome browser is set Google by default. However, if default search engine changes by any reason, follow below steps to set Google as default search engine in Google Chrome browser.
- Click on Menu icon from right-top corner of Google Chrome browser and choose Settings option. Settings tab will appear in a new tab.
- Find Search panel in settings tab and choose Google from the drop-down list if Google is not selected. If you select Google from the list, your default search engine will be set Google.
- Now search any query in your browser search box. Your search result will now be appeared in Google search engine.
Setting Google as Default Search Engine in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is also one of the most popular web browsers. It is free and open source. Mozilla Firefox is the default web browser in Linux operating system. Besides windows user can download and install this free browser so easily and can enjoy browsing with this awesome browser. So, if you have Mozilla Firefox installed in your operating system, follow below steps to set Google as default search engine in Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on Menu icon from right-top corner of your Mozilla Firefox browser and then choose Options. Options tab will appear now. You can also open option tab from Mozilla Firefox menu bar. For this, go to menu bar and click on Tools menu and then click on Options menu. Now Options tab will appear.
- Click on Search menu item from left menu panel and then choose Google from Default Search Engine drop-down menu if Google is not selected.
- Now search any query in your browser search box. Your search result will now appear in Google search engine.
How to Set Google as Default Search Engine in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser has been explained in this article. I hope, you are now able to set Google as default search engine in your favorite Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser if you follow the above steps carefully. However, if you face any problem to set Google as default search engine in your favorite browser, feel free to discuss in comment or contact with me from Contact page. I will try my best to stay with you.